“Crystal Clear? Today’s Libraries, Tomorrow’s Library Users”
March 30-31, 2006
The William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education
Chapel Hill, NC
The 2006 North Carolina Serials Conference Program Planning Committee invites proposals and suggestions for presentations or poster sessions on any aspect of the serials industry or serials management. The Committee welcomes participation from all members of the serials profession including publishers, vendors, and systems developers, in addition to faculty and library staff in all types of libraries. Students seeking a forum to share findings from serials-related research are also encouraged to submit proposals. The Committee hopes to continue previous successes by assembling a program that both shares and inspires creativity, collaboration, and new ways of thinking.
Submit proposals by e-mail in a document attachment to Beth Bernhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is October 15, 2005.
When submitting a proposal, please include the following information.
2. Mailing Address
3. Telephone number, fax number, and email address(es)
4. Short (50 words or less) biographical description about proposed speakers
5. Proposed title (and specify whether presentation or poster session)
6. A 200-300 word abstract, which clearly states the proposal topic, its relationship to serials, and its relevance for conference attendees
7. Estimate of time required to present topicv
The Program Planning Committee will review all submitted proposals for their content, timeliness, relevance to the current serials environment, and fit with the overall Conference content. The Committee reserves the right to refocus or combine proposals as needed to reach a diverse audience and to maximize use of program time slots.