Call for Papers for Satellite Meeting
LIS Education in Developing Countries Discussion Group
University of Milan Aula Magna, Milan, Italy
19-21 August 2009
Theme: "Building Bridges: Connecting the Soul and Spirit of LIS Education in Developing Countries"
Objectives of the Satellite meeting
- To bring together LIS education experts from the developing countries to share experiences and explore the challenges and solution to the problems facing LIS education in the region.
- To encourage collaboration and exchange of ideas amongst LIS educators in developing countries.
- To suggest and propose future action to bridge the current digital divide and improvement of the curriculum, teaching, research and service.
The Satellite organizing committee invites you to submit an abstract of no more than 300 words in electronic format related to the conference theme and which may cover the following topics:
- Curriculum development
- Faculty teaching research mentoring
- Student recruitment retention
- Collaboration sharing resources networking
- Accreditation certification standards
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Professional Association regional cooperation
- Distance Education
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Professional Ethics
The proposal must include:
- Name of presenter(s)
- Institutional affiliation
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Title of paper
- Brief biographical statement maximum 100 words
The official language of the conference will be English
Please submit your proposal to:
Chair of the organizing committee
- Proposal must be received by 30 January, 2009
- Notification of acceptance will be sent by 20 February, 2009
- Deadline of final paper submission is 15 May, 2009.The final paper should be no more than 5, 000 words in length.
The cost of registration will be 50 EURO. All conference expenses, including registration, travel, accommodation etc. are the responsibility of the author of the accepted paper.